Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2022

What A Week

 I don't usually write about the news but this week has been rather extra ordinary.

Started with a typhoon that wasn't a typhoon when it reached here.  We got lots of rain and incredible thunderstorms.  Cooled things down for a couple days but we are now back to mid 30's celsius.

On July 7th it was reported that 2 junior high school girls were stabbed in the back as they walked to school. Both were injured, but not life threatening.  A suspect was arrested, he didn't know these girls but wanted to kill.

Then the creator of Yu Gi Oh was found dead in the sea.  This hit home for my kids as they grew up reading and watching Yu Gi Oh.  It is also one of the best trading card games, popular world wide.

Then yesterday was the assassination of Mr Abe.  I'm still in shock.  Japan is one of the safest countries, gun crime is almost non existent.  I don't know about politics, I'm not sure I understood what Mr Abe did as prime minister but he seemed like a good man.  To be gunned down for doing his job is just wrong.  

I feel like things were really crazy this week.  I hope the rest of the summer is calmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment