Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Up the Creek

 We live in a rented house with a no pets contract.  But we have 9 cats.  I had hoped to keep this from the real estate company that we deal with and for the past 3 years we have managed to do that.  Last week we got a letter from them saying that they have to check the smoke detectors that were installed when we moved here.  I have no idea why they suddenly need to check them, they were installed 12 years ago and have never gone off.  I'm so worried about this, I can't focus on anything else, I can't plan anything or think about Christmas, just this real estate person coming.  We could put the cats at mother in laws house but that would take a lot of planning with work shifts for Mikey and David and getting the power turned on at the house.  I really don't want to loose this house, I like it here.  Also Christopher's work is just a few minutes walk from here, he has a chance to do really well there.  What a lousy situation to be in!  

Some photos of the trouble makers!  I never wanted cats, but I'm not kicking them out or having them put down, it would break my heart and the kids too.





An abundance of cuteness!


6 comments:

  1. That is bad news! Any chance of getting some of the cats adopted??
    Do you have nosey neighbor? Strange they just now want to check smoke detectors. Wishing you good luck!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have nosy neighbors, one of them keeps complaining about the trees in the yard to the real estate agent, I want to know how they know which company I'm using!

      Delete
  2. oh no! Whatever you do, please do not put them down! It's not their fault and you would never be able to look at yourself in the mirror... Hope everything ends well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never put them down. I had to put our dog to sleep last year, late stage cancer and she was in so much pain, I'm still crying for her now even though it was the right thing to do!

      Delete
  3. Your problem sounds so much like something that would happen to me and my daughter. I wish I could think of a solution. Do you have a date for when the rental folks are coming? Could you drive them (cats) around in the car for the day? Not easy by any means, but maybe sedate them a little bit? Wish I was in Japan to help. Somehow I know you will make it work. Please keep us informed as I'll be worried. Extra hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We a date and time and I was thinking of putting them in the car and asking either Mikey or David to go and park at the local supermarket but I still have to explain about the walls where they have scratched!

      Delete