Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Heat Has Started!

 I was hoping that the cool weather would continue for a while longer, long enough for me to get new air conditioners!  But it was not to be!  Yesterday was hot and humid, up to about 32C.  I went to do a bit of shopping, one place was to check the prices of air conditioners, then a supermarket to pick up some fruit and vegetables.  I was out for less than an hour and most of the time in the air conditioning but I still ended up with mild heat stroke!  Wearing a mask in the heat makes me really sick.  I was hoping that this would be behind us now but the vaccine roll out here is so slow.  From what I've read it could take until September to vaccinate most people!  

The cats are roaming around looking for the coolest places to lie down.  They are very quiet all day but start chasing around and playing at night!  They keep out of the living room as that gets very hot preferring the corridor and stairs which are a lot cooler.  Climbing the stairs can be rather dangerous!

Christopher has been helping out in the kitchen a bit.  He makes a really good omelet but can't fry eggs.  Every time he tries the yolk and white separate!


Christopher's fried egg!




Christopher's omelet, much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment