Pages

Monday, June 28, 2021

I Don't Like June

 Not just because the heat and humidity start but June has so many bad things happen!  

The beginning of the month is my husbands birthday. When he was alive we would celebrate.  So the day is really bitter sweet.  I'm grateful for the time that we had but would of loved a few more years together!

Also my brother in law committed suicide at the beginning of the month.  He had suffered his whole life with depression and various health problems.  I don't know what pushed him over the edge, he was only 33.  

Lucky, our dog died last year.

I was diagnosed with cancer 3 years ago.  So far I'm clear.  Every June I have to go through a load of tests to make sure it doesn't come back.  So far okay!

And my Mom passed away 17 years ago the end of June.  I can still remember Dad calling me.  I was getting the kids ready for school.  I felt in was unreal!  I knew she had terminal cancer but I had hoped for longer. My older boys have some memories of her.  But Hannah only met her once when Hannah was a year old.  I try to tell the kids about the things she did.  Making me fairy wings,  bread and butter pudding on cold winter days, playing eye spy with Steven,  Steve's spied something beginning with 'm'.  Mom and I guessed for ages, the answer was a motor cycle going down the road!  I remember in the winter before central heating she would drag our blankets down to warm in front of the fire and fill up hot water bottles!

I was looking through some photos that I have.  Hannah scanned them for me to share here.


Mom and Dad's wedding

Trip to Coronation Street

Holding Mikey, first grandson

Blackpool, I think







Last time with her, she is holding Hannah.
I also came across these two photos.


The top one is my cousin holding her daughter, the bottom one is me and Hannah.
Very much alike!


No comments:

Post a Comment