Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Hisao's Birthday

 Today would of been Hisao's 60th birthday.  I can't imagine what he would of been like at 60, he will always be 51 in my mind.  This birthday has hit me harder than the others, I think because 60 is seen as another milestone in life and Hisao never got the chance to see it.  What would he be like at 60?  What would our lives be like?  Would the kids lives be different?  So many questions!  We don't realize how important somebody is until we lose them!  Especially these past few months trying to understand Hannah's university, all the paper work before she started and all the paper work and deadlines for the scholarship has been very hard, most days I wished that Hisao was here to sort things out.  But he's not so I just have to get on with it!

Outing somewhere



Exactly one year before he died
I think today is going to be hard!

Yesterday I went to a supermarket that is a little bit of a drive from here but the meat is cheaper so worth the effort.  I was shocked to find that the system for paying had completely changed.  Most stores have self service registers but this store went one step further with carts that acts as a register.  You put money on a card, enter your ID on a screen attached to the cart then as you pick up items you scan them and place them in your bag.  The screen shows a running total of how much you have spent.  All good fun.

The new way to shop.

The cats have found a new way to keep busy, trying to get the lizards on the outside of the windows.  Makes good fun to watch them!



Trying hard to catch the lizard.




2 comments:

  1. What happens if you enter something and put it into the cart, then change your mind?

    I am sorry you have to face so many challenges without the help of your husband in the physical realm. The struggles to understand the contents of the paperwork and to get everything done by yourself can be frustrating and depressing, discouraging. You have been doing a good job taking care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a button on the screen if you want to take stuff out! I liked the running total so I could see how much I had spent!
    It's hard but somehow I'm getting things done. My kids are good and really help me out!

    ReplyDelete