Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

David

 Lovely early morning adventure because of David.

He managed to fall down the stairs, this was before 6am. I was in the living room and heard this awful thud, I went out and David was picking himself up.  I asked if he was okay, he said yes and went to the toilet.  A couple of minutes later I heard another crash.  I went running and David was on the floor.  His eyes were open but unfocused, he was sitting, leaning forward and moaning.  He grabbed my hand so hard I thought he would break it.  He then went down again, eyes rolling back. When he came too his pupils were just pin pricks and again unfocused.  I shouted Hannah, who was awake to get Mikey.  He called the ambulance.  I managed to pull David up and get him to the living room, he sat there feeling rather dazed.  He remembers falling down stairs but nothing after until he was in the living room.  Got to the local A&E, which is small but able to deal with most things.  (It's the hospital where I had my surgery a few years ago.)   Hannah came with me because of all the forms to fill out.  David was checked over and had a CT scan.  Apparently he his head when he fell down the stairs and has a concussion!   Not what I needed at this time of year!

And just to add to things it's snowing and actually sticking.  According to the forecast it should snow over night until sometime tomorrow afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment