Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas

 First the good news, Hannah got into university!  It was her second choice and not exactly what she wanted, she wanted to be a junior high school teacher, this university is for elementary school teachers.  But she can study special needs education, which is her main interest.   

Christmas was nice!  Christmas Eve I went to a local supermarket to get a few things.  I wasn't doing a traditional Christmas dinner so wanted something special for Christmas Eve, got some nice sushi and beef sushi. David made hamburgers and fried chicken, we had salad as well.  Later we had cheese cake, half price because it was packaged as Christmas cake!

Christmas Eve dinner, not too much so we didn't eat ourselves sick!

Christmas Day was good.  All the boys bought gifts for everybody.  I think this was the first year that everybody had some kind of income.  I got a nice bag from Mikey, a new purse from Christopher and two books from David!  I bought the kids something, clothes and books for the boys and an electronic dictionary and DVDs for Hannah.

Dinner turned out to be a mess.  We thought we had ordered KFC but somehow the order didn't go through.  So at 4:30 David and I ran to the supermarket to find something for dinner.  The reason we were going to get KFC is that both David and I are very tired, so a nice relaxing way to have dinner.  We got some nice steak, and load of vegetables.  David cooked and it was very nice!



Christmas dinner, David also made the cake.

Of course Christmas is not Christmas without some drama! On the way home from the supermarket we found a stray dog.  Poor thing looked awful, coat was all mated and looked like it was bleeding on the face. It still had a chain on so it maybe escaped from somebodies yard.  I wanted to take to the vets and then bring it home.  David called the police, I sat in the car crying.  The police came and said that they would try and find the owners but I am sure it will end up at a shelter and almost all shelters here are kill shelters. I know that we can't take care of anymore animals, 9 cats is rather over whelming!  But it breaks my heart to see animals mistreated like that!  My kids said that it is usually the kids that want to bring home the strays and the parents say no, here it is the opposite!

No comments:

Post a Comment