Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

Earworm

An earworm is a song that gets stuck in your head, no matter what it keeps going round
and round!  Hannah loves musicals and most of the time she will listen on her phone
using headphones.  But sometimes she like to use YouTube on the TV.  I don't mind
but that is how I keep getting these songs stuck in my head!  Last week in was "High Flying
Adored" from Evita, before that "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera.
This week I am going crazy because it's a German song that is stuck in my head!  I don't
speak German but Hannah has been listening to "Elisabeth" a German musical based on the
life of an Austrian Empress.  This musical has been translated into Japanese, so Hannah
understands it.  We watched the German version with English subtitles.  It's interesting
but rather heavy, death is a character that stalks the Empress and her family through out
her life.  The song that is stuck in my head is a duet between the Empress and Death.

This is the song with translation.  Hannah actually sings along with this song and she doesn't know German either!

2 comments:

  1. Oh...my! what an earworm to get stuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are back to High Flying Adored this week. Christopher thought it was High Flying Door!

    ReplyDelete