Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

LIFE

Is what happens when one is busy chasing your own tail!
At least that is what it has been like for us the past couple of weeks!
My mother in law had been in hospital for almost 6 months. One thing I
didn't know was that the national insurance only pays for 180 days, after that
you have to pay full price to stay and would of gotten very expensive.
So a couple of weeks ago David and I got called to the hospital to talk, yet again,
to another care manager.  She knew a place that would take my mother in law cheaply
as an act of good will. I am actually rather upset my the city and social welfare system.
There is no way my mother in law could go home, she can't stand up for more than a
minute without being in pain, she can't use the toilet or bath herself.  I can't take care of her
as my health is not that good either!  But because she owns a house and land the welfare
won't help her. The land has not value, it is in the wrong place and zoned for farming.
Even if we could sell it the money would be finite and once finished what then.
Last week we had a meeting at the city hall to discuss my mother in laws situation, it took FIVE
members of staff to attend the meeting. Out of the five only two had anything to contribute and the
situation is still not resolved.  So for now she can stay in this place but only for a few months. Then
will be back to finding another place for her!  It really is a nightmare!

Onto better things.  David got in the kitchen yesterday and made a lovely sponge cake, it was
very light and rather yummy!

This was really good.
Of course the cats give us a lot of laughs.  This morning the grey and white cat, Fred, was rolling around on the floor.  When he got up he was covered in turmeric, he turned yellow!



Yellow cat!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, I know that you have been thru so much! I'm hoping that the government will step up and help in this matter. You are such an awesome soul for being there for your mother in law!

    ReplyDelete