Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

David

David is my second son.  He is a sweet, caring young man.  Since hubby died David has taken over the extra shopping and helping out around the house that needs to be done.  Most days he will load the dish washer, hang out the laundry, tidy up or go to the supermarket without being asked.  He sees that something needs to be done and just does it.  For that I am very grateful.  But he tends to be rather accident prone.  Whenever I hear a bang or crash I immediately think  "David".
This past week was typical David.  Monday lunchtime he goes to get a plate out of the cupboard.  There's an almighty crash as the other dishes come falling out, five broken plates!  Monday evening I had a pizza in the oven, David lifted it out, using the oven gloves, but the plate slipped and burnt his arm, leaving a nice burn mark.  Tuesday morning he offers to go to the local convenience store to pay some of the bills.  He rides off on his bike only to reappear again a few minutes later.  He had fallen off his bike into one of the ditches.  He is covered in scratches and walking funny.  He said that his knee was very painful.  So off to the doctors, 2 hours and an X-ray later we find that he has pulled the ligament in his knee.  Thankfully no broken bones.  Just round things out he gets a fever Tuesday night.  I think it's this cold that we have been having.  Poor David.  I am glad that it isn't anything worse and that he kept a sense of humor through it all!  He reminded me of an incident that I had forgotten about.  A few years ago there as a TV programme about the effects of stress.  That too much stress can lead to heart problems.  David was in the 5th grade at that time, he remembers watching that programme and telling me not to get too stressed, the next day he broke his arm.  I guess stress goes with David!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment