Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to School

Hannah started back to school yesterday, Christopher started back last week. Yesterday morning it was so quiet in the house!  Nice somehow. I love having my kids at home but it does get to be a bit overwhelming at times.  The constant cooking drove me crazy this summer. I think the fact that I had little appetite and cooking in a kitchen that felt like a sauna didn't help.  Also we were stuck inside all say everyday, not having a car made it impossible to go anywhere.  Somehow my kids were very good about that, they didn't moan and whinge about being inside all the time.
The second term here is very long, there are no real holidays until Christmas holiday, 4 months!  Also this term is the real focus for study. Hannah has a very busy term, the school has field day in October and then a 3 day camp a few weeks later!  Lots of fun!
Christopher has been practicing for his field day event. The weather hasn't helped at all. The event was supposed to be on Sunday but heavy rain was forecast so the event was postponed until today.  But it is pouring down with rain now, I guess it will be inside.  Poor Christopher has to walk a good 30 minuets to school.  I suggested that he wear  a rain coat but he isn't allowed to, school rules.  I am so not happy about him walking without a raincoat.  Maybe call a taxi?

Actually the weather has been rather unsettled here. After a month of extreme heat, up to 39C some days, the weather changed to the most amazing rain. Last Friday we had a really terrible thunderstorm, it lasted all night and most of the morning, I did a lot of screaming.
And yesterday afternoon a tornado hit part of eastern Japan.  When I saw the news I was amazed that nobody was killed, the damage was very extensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment