Pages

Monday, October 11, 2021

Fish and Chips

 For the past few weeks I've been drooling over these photos posted on Facebook of lovely looking real British fish and chips that are being served in cafes in Tokyo.  Also one British guy has set up a food truck in Okinawa selling fish and chips.  Until a few weeks ago I hadn't seen good white fish that could be used. Cod is available but it's too boney and very expensive.  On Sunday I went to the local supermarket where they had white fish, I have no idea what fish it was as all it said was white fish and because it was the weekly sales day it was  a good price.  So I bought some, came home and looked for a good recipe.  Found one on my BBC Good Food app.  Yesterday I managed to real fish and chips for the first time in 30 years!




No comments:

Post a Comment