Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

Finally

 It's getting cooler finally.  This morning I woke up shivering, I was so happy!  Day time highs are still too hot, yesterday was up to 30C with a real feel of 33C.  According to my weather app it should rain today and then drop to mid 20's next week, I hope so. When it's hot in the summer I deal with it by looking forward to cooler weather but when the autumn weather is still as hot it gets me down.  Part of this is trying to get use to new schedules, with the kids having new jobs all the schedules are different. Evenings especially are chaotic,  when Hannah and Christopher have work they want to eat at 6pm, the others want to eat later.  My idea is to make a big lunch then evenings are left overs and whatever is in the fridge/freezer.  I would love to make a big pot of stew or soup but when it's so hot nobody wants to eat that and I don't want to make that!  I'm also trying to make meals that are a little bit healthy with everybody working I know how easy it is to pick up whatever is going around, not just covid 19 but at this time of year flu and colds are going around!  I want to use fresh vegetables as much as possible, which brings me to my next moan! Everything is so expensive!  I went shopping the other day, just bought stuff for 3 meals and spent over 50 pounds!  Crazy! And I don't buy the most expensive stuff.

Cats are doing okay!  Hannah downloaded an app that "translates" what the cat says. She has to set up a profile for each cat and when they start meowing she puts the phone near them and sees what comes up.  Of course it's not real but some of the phrases that come up seem to fit the cat.  Yesterday Steve (the white cat) was sleeping, Hannah kept calling him to get him to meow, when he did the translator came out with "I'm sleepy". 

sleeping together


Close up of Mama, you can see Christopher in her eyes!





No comments:

Post a Comment