Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Too Early

 This year, so far, nature has been too early.

Cherry blossoms in March instead of April.  Azaleas in April instead of May.  And now the rainy season has started, 20 days earlier than usual.  The last time it was this early was in 1954.  I don't like the rainy season. As the name implies it rains a lot, but for me it's the humidity that drives me crazy.  Yesterday, after the rain had stopped the humidity was still 80%.  Everything feels damp.  I feel as if the life has been sucked out of me.  To help combat this I usually run my air conditioners on the dry mode but at the moment two of my air conditioner aren't working.  I wish they were a luxury that I didn't need but they aren't. Once the real heat starts I know it will be killing for me.  Better bite the dust and go shopping.

David had to go to the police station on Friday.  No, he's not in trouble but was a witness to an accident a few weeks ago.  Mikey and David were on the way to Kusano to clean out my mother in laws house (it's still not finished). On the way they stopped to pick up some coffee, it was 6am.  Just as they were getting there coffee there as an awful crash out side, when they looked they saw a car had run into something, the can was wrecked but the driver was okay. David called the police while Mikey helped the driver. Because David was the one who called the police he was asked to go in and give a written statement.  Apparently the driver was drunk and sleepy, had a tire blow out and lost control of the car.  For his effort David was given 3000 yen by the police, about 20 pounds.  I was very surprised by that!

And because my life isn't stressful enough the cat have to get in on the act.  Last night Alan, one of the black cats, was foaming at the mouth. I was so shocked, I managed to catch him and wipe the foam off.  He went on his way only to come back a few minutes later foaming at the mouth again.  David and Hannah grab Alan and found that he was covered in washing up liquid, he was licking to get it off and that was why he was foaming at the mouth.  David and I got him in bathroom and managed to wash off the dish soap.  Alan struggled to get free, soaking me and the bathroom floor.  But we got the soap off, Alan went off to sulk, he is still miserable today!  I have no idea how he got soap on himself,  one of the mysteries of cats!

Who's hiding in the towel?

It's Sam

Steve and Alan watching the lizards on the outside of the window.




No comments:

Post a Comment