Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Back to Work

 We took a weeks holiday, which was nice but we are now back to work.  I like my work, which is just as well as I don't see retirement in the future!  Teaching can be fun but it is tiring, especially teaching kids.

Also parts of Japan are in a state of emergency.  Unlike the lockdown in England there are no laws to impose the lockdown and no fines.  People are asked to stay home unless it is necessary.  Things that are considered necessary are food shopping, hospital visits and work, but working from home is encouraged.  Schools are open but universities have gone back on line.  The prefecture we live in is still okay.  It's not a main area and for the most part is countryside.  But Hannah's university has moved to fully online because the neighboring prefecture is in lockdown and a lot of students come from there!  It would help if the vaccines were being rolled out a bit faster.  But it seems to be taking a long time, plus a lot of people are refusing the vaccine.  This seems to be a thing in Japan.   I remember when David was a baby the government with drew the MMR vaccine and replaced it with 3 different shots.  The Japanese people didn't like the idea of a foreign vaccine.  I think the same thing is happening again, they want a Japanese developed vaccine, which could take ages! 


We have been visited a few times by a few cats, I have no idea if they are strays, they seem cared for.  Of course Hannah puts food out for them.  I think she would take them all in if I let her but I don't have money for the vets and bringing in other cats I would want them checked for diseases!





Visitors!

And this happened.
David dropped his watch on his dinner!



1 comment: