Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Now it's summer

The heat has started! Today is up to 35C , about 95F.  The whole week will be about the same!  It is so tiring, even at night it's hot!  
Next week I'll start my 2 week holiday.  Nice not to feel time pressure.  But no where to go!  I usually go to the city with Hannah to watch a musical but of course this year all theaters are closed.  We sometimes go to a nice restaurant to celebrate David and my birthday but not this year.  Restaurants are open but I don't see any social distancing policies in place.  Some have clear plastic hanging between tables but too many people inside and with the numbers of covid 19 cases rising I don't want to risk it.  
I am hoping that during my holiday I can take time to get some things done.  I need some new work sheets made, so I'll get Hannah to make me some.  Also try to work on getting my business facebook page better.  I wanted to advertise in September but am wondering if it might be better to save money and start again in the new year. 

This coronavirus has really done a number on a lot of businesses.  Not only the obvious ones, smaller restaurants, hotels etc.  But also event companies that depend on summer festivals for most of the yearly income.  This summer is going to be very quiet, almost all festivals and firework shows have been canceled.  Mikey was looking forward to few weeks of events, doing magic shows, but until September everything has been canceled.  
Our cats spend most of the day looking for the coolest place.  I found two of them sleeping in the shower room!  The corridor and stairs seem to be their favorite place!

I managed to treat Hannah to a few little things.  She has done very well at school the past few months. She is preparing for university entrance tests, a lot of work and stress so getting a couple of treats helps.

cute little ring

small pouch, just the right size for her phone

and of course a mask with cats on it


No comments:

Post a Comment