Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Les Miserables

 One outing that I look forward to in the summer holidays is a trip to the city.  Hannah and I usually go shopping, have lunch and watch a musical.  Most years there are at least two to choose from.  We have watched Les Miserables twice, in Japanese. This year all the theaters are closed.  It looks like most theaters will not be opening until 2021.  So I ordered "Les Miserables 2019 concert".   We had to pre order it, we've been waiting for 3 months for it too come.  It arrived yesterday, Hannah and I settled down to watch it, turns out our DVD player no longer works!  So today we went and bought a new DVD player.  Because of this coronavirus everybody got some money from the government, to help stimulate the economy.  I wanted to save my money but that defeats the purpose!  I was glad to have a little extra to buy something that we need.  I usually have to save for a couple of months!

This concert was really good.  I love this musical.  It has so many powerful songs.  One line in the last song says "To love another person is to see the face of God"  That always gets me!


No comments:

Post a Comment