Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Summer???

Yes, it is summer but I think the weather has forgotten that.  First time in years that it has been on the cool side this time of year.  Todays high should be around 30C, the past couple of years the highs at this time were in the upper 30Cs.  But it is so humid, we are still having a lot of rain, it's pouring down right now and there are thunder warnings for this area, which is why I have an awful headache!
This summer is not going to be great.  Hannah has only 2 weeks holiday, the school is making up the time lost because of coronavirus shut down.  Also she has to really study to prepare for her university entrance tests.  She is hoping to get in on a recommendation from her school, which means an interview and writing an essay.  If not she will have to take the test.  One  problem is that the entrance tests are changing and she is not sure what to focus on!   The course she hopes to study is education, she can get license to teach junior high school and special needs kids!
We are not planning on going out anywhere.  Looks like the coronavirus is back, there are lots of clusters about and I really don't want to risk it!  I also have two weeks holiday, planning on cleaning (as always), preparing some worksheets for the kids classes, studying Japanese ( I need to improve my Japanese so I can teach better) and reading as many books as possible!  I have thousands of books on my kindle to read. 
The past few summers Hannah and I have gone to the city to watch a musical. Of course this year that isn't happening.  But I preordered the new Les Miserable in Concert DVD, it should arrive just as our holiday starts.  I'm looking forward to watching it with Hannah.





More photos of Lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Everything this summer is upside down, weather including! Hot, rainy, and humid here. Probably will go bankrupt after paying my air-conditioning bill but otherwise one gets super sweaty just within a few minutes after taking a shower. Actually, within seconds!
    Lucky seemed to be such a happy and good-hearted dog! I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Same here with the humidity, I breathe, I sweat.
    Lucky was a lovely, friendly dog. We miss her but I think she had a good life with us!

    ReplyDelete