Pages

Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday The Thirteenth

I'm a little bit superstitious.  There are things I would never do, walk under a ladder, open an umbrella in the house, for example.  But I can't avoid Friday 13th.  Of course I could stay in bed all day but that wouldn't really help!
Yesterday, Friday 13th, was one disaster after another.  Morning started with the adult cats doing the mad chase around the living room.  They were driving me crazy as they crashed into things and raked their claws over the sofa.  So I put them in the corridor, which is nice and long and has nothing breakable.  As I was closing the door, I didn't notice one of the kittens.  Poor thing got swashed between the door and door frame.  I picked it up to check if it was alright, which it was.  When I looked I realized that it was the kitten with the sad eyes.  It looked so sad and pathetic that I felt totally guilty.
Next disaster was losing the car keys.  David takes Hannah to school.  She was waiting outside while David collected the things he needs, wallet, cell phone and glasses.  He then went to get the keys only to find that they weren't in any of the usual places.  We had a quick look but Hannah needed to get to school so he used the spare key.  We spent over an hour looking for these keys, during that time I smashed my head twice, looking under desks and fell over cats three times.  I even went through the trash, which was not nice!  We finally found the keys in a bag with the dog food David had bought the day before!
Then a bra I ordered came.  I'm desperate for new bras.  Tried it on, but it was about 2 sizes too small.  I can send it back.  Actually the service to return goods is very good.  The courier service will pick it up from the house.  Lot less hassle.
And the last disaster of the day was my printer not working.  What should of taken a few minutes to print some material for one of my classes turned into a 40 minutes fight with the computer and printer!

I am glad that Friday 13th is over and done with!  Hope  I don't have many more days like that!  But as Hannah says "It's something to put on the Blog!"

No comments:

Post a Comment