Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Ants, Heat, Cats and Kittens

We have had an ant problems since we moved in here.  Every time we get heavy rain we end up with ants in the house. I think there is an ant nest under the house!  I usually buy a poison that comes in a
small green plastic box that the ants carry back to the nest and kills off at lot of the ants.  This stuff worked with these tiny ants that we got.  But a couple of weeks ago I saw these massive ants in the
entrance.  I think they came back with Mikey!!  At least that is one theory!  The plastic box poison doesn't seem to be affective on this species of ants.  So I bought a stronger powder to put down.  I then realized that I couldn't put it down because of the cats.  So it looks like I'll have to investigate and see if I can find where they are nesting.

In my last post I was saying how happy I was that it had cooled down.  I spoke too  soon!  It has gone hot again, very hot!  Today's high was 33C but feels like 38C.  This exhausts me.  I just went shopping and walking from the car to the store and back was awful.  I'm glad that my main rooms have air conditioning. It makes life so hard.  And it not just the heat but high humidity!  Sweating doesn't cool one down as it doesn't evaporate.  I take a small towel with me to wipe my face otherwise it would be constantly wet!  Also we have the most incredible thunderstorms.  Not nice at all!

The cats are driving me to distraction!  This morning I asked Hannah to feed them.  She went to the cupboard to get the food followed by Fred (the gray and white cat).  For some unknown reason he peed all over the place and soaked Hannah.  Poor girl was not impressed as she had to shower making the morning a bit of a rush.  We have litter boxes for the cats, 3 altogether but they all like the same one.  Some morning the cats are lining up to use the one litter!  Looks rather funny!

Our kittens are doing well.  They are rather big and are going on little adventures.  The older cats
are curious about them.  Yesterday, Steve (the white cat) was having a sniff at one of the kittens when it decided that enough was enough and gave Steve a swap on the nose.  Steve walked off looking rather offended!

Mama and kittens, with all the stuff she dragged into the box!


No comments:

Post a Comment