Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2019

WHY

May in the area where I live is usually nice.  Not too hot, not too cold.
Average temperature is between 20 to 25C (68 to 77F).  It is
just the right weather to go out, see places, get the garden done and
deep clean the house before the extreme heat of summer.
But not this year.  Today it was up to 33C (91F) where I live.  According to the news some
places were expected to hit 37C (98F).  Too hot for this time of year!
Why is it so hot?  That is one question I keep asking.  I honestly felt I had a few more weeks
before the crazy heat would start.  We haven't had the rainy season yet.  Actually there
hasn't been a lot of rain these past couple of months. And the rain we have had has been
very strong down pours that doesn't soak the ground.  We drove past a field two days after
the last down pour and I was shocked at how dry the soil was, it looked like there had
been no rain for weeks!
Our poor animals are suffering.  The dog has dug herself a hole under a tree to cool down. The cats
are stretched out in the corridor.  We keep fresh water for them.  I am wondering what to do if it gets really hot.  I would want the dog inside with the air conditioning but with the cats that might
be difficult!



1 comment:

  1. I hope you get a cool spell before summer comes! It has been quite warm here too but the evenings can get a bit chilly, which is quite nice in fact xx

    ReplyDelete