Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Insects

I don't like any kind of insect.  Even the ones that might be considered pretty, like butterflies or ladybirds give me the creeps!  Other creatures that scamper around like snakes, frogs and small lizards don't bother me. They might surprise me but are not really scream worthy!
So summer is tough here.  So many insects to contend with.  A couple of years ago we had an infestation of stink bugs. These things were everywhere, especially on the screen doors. The trees out front looked like they were moving, there was that many!
The cicadas are so noisy. They drive me crazy with there constant chirping.  It sounds like there is an army of them but it is usually only one or two making so much noise.
But the insects that really freak me out are the cockroaches!  We have monster cockroaches in this house.  I go screaming out of the room and hold the door closed, leaving whoever is in the room to deal with them!  I got brave once and sprayed one.  It chased after me. I ran across the room, shouting "Mommy, Mommy"  That is the affect these things have on me! 
Last night was awful, we saw one the living room, managed to kill it. An hour later I went to brush my teeth and waiting in the bathroom were two more.   David got one, I got the other!  So I guees another good clean up is needed.  I haven't done under the bathroom sink for a while and when I looked last night I noticed ahole where the waste pipe goes out.  I am guessing that is one way they are getting in! 

1 comment:

  1. I hate bugs, too. I stuff all holes with steel wool and that seems to help. Maybe you could try that?

    I don't like snakes, either...ugh!

    ReplyDelete