Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

An Adventure, Sickness and Heat

A couple of weeks ago my friend invited me to visit.  I had to take the train to get to where were meeting.  No being a big fan of trains I took David with me. I thought he had some idea about  which train to get on and where to change.  But he didn't! Every train we took he would go and ask somebody if this was the train we needed.  The last part of the trip was on the Shinkansen!  My first time. The ride lasted all of five minutes!  But it was an experience!


Once we got to the right train station my plan was to take a taxi to the meeting point. But we exited the station on the wrong side.  So we had a little walk round and found our way to the meeting point.  By this time I was hot and my face felt burnt!  I told my friend that I couldn't see an taxis at the train station. David said "But Mom there were loads"  I could of killed him, why didn't he say something!

The following week I had a few days off from teaching.  I had great plans and then got sick.  I found a lump in my arm pit!  I was so worried but it turned out to be an infection.  I couldn't believe how awful I felt. No energy at all. Even watching TV took more energy than I had.  I am now on my 2nd course of antibiotics,  seems to be working.  I hope so because I do not want to go to the big hospital!
Poor Christopher also got sick. Painful neck and throat, high fever 38.5C.  He went to the doctors but within 24 hours he was okay.  To be young again.

And of course it is HOT.  Every day,all day.  According to the forecast this could be until next week.  I am house bound and not enjoying it at all.   When the weather is good I walk to the local shops and I have found that I am missing that.  Mikey takes me in the car but there is something nice about being able to walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment