Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Feeling Nostalgic

The past week or so has seen a real heatwave here in southern Japan.  Hot and humid, up to 38C one day last week.  I am confined to one room, no central air conditioning.  I didn't realise how much I miss being able to walk to the local shops or just walk with Christopher and the dog.  I can still do those things but I get so sick so easily in the heat.  I've already spent to much time at the doctors this year, no more!  So I've been spending hours on the computer.  But there are only so many blogs, newspapers and magazines to read until things feel the same. So I've spent ages sorting through some old photos.  We got our first digital camera in 2002, so I have loads of photos.  So many memories.  One thing that comes to mind is I always felt life was tough.  Dealing with schools that did nothing to protect or support my boys when they were bullied. That always makes me sad. The best time of their lives was ruined by inept teachers who always demanded that the victims change.  Also not having enough money was another worry.  If I had known that I would be a widow at 50 I would of done things differently!  Maybe!!!!

So a few photos from back then!

from 2005 Christopher, David and Hisao

Davids birthday 2005

David was looking at this photo and pointed out that the bookshelf is now in his room, the sofa, curtains and table are all the same!

maybe 2007, all the kids lined up

last trip to UK 2003
Hannah with Grandmas cat
Hannah was just one years old when we visited last time, now she is 13.  Got to go soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment