Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

I CAN SEE

I had my eye operation last Thursday! I am so glad that it is over and done with!  I NEVER want to go through that again! 
I was so nervous before hand that I was shaking and managed to bring back what bit of lunch I ate!
I know it was silly to get so worked up.  In my mind I knew this wasn't a big thing, I've heard from many others who have had the same operation and also from reading about it online, it is quick and easy.  But sometimes my mind and emotions don't communicate very well!
The operation was strange. They placed a sterile cover over my face and a plastic cover over the eye to keep it sterile.  Then the local anaesthetic was given as an eye drop.  Then a little cut was made under the eye lid.  After that all I saw was bright lights, when the old lens was taken out it was really weird! Nothing to focus with so all I saw was pretty lights!  I was just getting comfortable when the doctors said it was all over with!  No pain, just some pressure around the eye socket!  I came home with an eye patch which made things very interesting! It is very difficult to judge depth with just one eye, so I kept trying to grab things but couldn't figure out where they were!
Friday I went back to check it was okay!
Now I can see all the dust that I missed for the past couple of months!
Looks like getting the spring cleaning done, I've had a great excuse for the past few weeks but no longer!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to know that your eye surgery was a success. It's nice that you didn't feel any pain during and after the procedure. I guess the hard part of it is the recovery stage, but as I've read, it seems that you coped up with it very well. Thanks for sharing that, Jackie! I wish you all the best!


    Barton Levesque @ Glenmore Vision Center

    ReplyDelete