Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Typhoon

The past few days I have been watching the news and weather reports, there was a massive typhoon creeping our way.  I like to be prepared, especially our garden is a mess with lots of pots, broken sticks and other things that could become missiles if the winds get too strong.  Spent two or three days cleaning outside, rather David cleaned. I directed!  Bought extra food and filled water bottles. made sure that all the flashlights worked, all prepared.  And no typhoon, bit of rain, nice breeze but nothing!  The kids got a day off school, so they are happy to stay home and just hang out.  Some places got hit really bad, and to make things worse the seasonal rain front is hanging over prefectures to the north.  In one place a stream flooded, bringing down trees, rocks and mud.  Houses were destroyed, and there have been fatalities, one was a young boy, just 12 years old. that hit me hard!
I'm grateful that this storm has passed us by.  It really is worrying!  I always say that typhoons are easier to deal with because there are warnings.  But no matter how prepared one is the destructive force of nature is not something to be taken lightly.
Of course the heat and humidity have started.  It makes it very difficult for me to function.  I get exhausted just doing a few things around the house.  But I want to challenge myself this summer and do more.  Summers a rather long here, from the end of June until the end of October, 4 months.  I feel like a loose a lot of time in those months, just no energy or desire to move from the air conditioning.  But I realise how precious each second of our lives are, I don't want to waste time.  I want to do things, be productive, spend time with the kids.   Enjoy the time I have now, not wait for the perfect time to do things, that will never come!

No comments:

Post a Comment