Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Oosouji big cleaning

In Japan there is a tradition of doing big clean before the new year.  I usually get my cleaning finished before Christmas.  But this is not a usual year and it has taken a lot more energy to get things done than normal.  Yesterday I rallied the troops and gave orders.  It's the only way to get anything done.  David managed to change the filters on hood above the stove.  That was always hubby's job and i had no idea how to do it.  Took a few hours but he got it done.  Managed to get the stove top cleaned down.  Also moved the furniture around in the living room.  Looks a lot better!
I was shocked at how much I had let things go this past year. I just stopped caring, most days couldn't be bothered.  I think grief is very exhausting.  So from tomorrow 2014 I have to try better, not only taking care of my home but taking care of the kids better and better care of myself.  I'm not making resolutions, I only break them but I want to improve my life.  I never wanted this life but it's what I have and I need to make it good.
So Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! Sounds like you've been really busy putting everything in good order for the New Year. I am trying to do the same. I realize that the new year will give me just as much as I am willing to take, but I have to reach out and make good things happen. Love and hugs to you all x

    ReplyDelete