Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

COLD

It is very cold today!  I even put a coat on to run to the shop this morning, so it must of been cold!
It snowed for about an hour, quite a few flurry's but it didn't stick.  I am glad to have a kotasu table to sit under and stay warm! For those who don't know what a kotasu is here is an article from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu
But one problem with a kotasu is that you are warm until moving!!!  And I don't want to move at all.

I managed to get a couple of jobs done.  Sorted out a load of books for recycle.  Called Book Off but they don't do pick up service at this time of year.  Mikey and David took some books and got 300yen and a 50 yen discount ticket!  I found another online service, they took a box today so I'll see how much they give and then decide what to do with the thousands of books we have!

I also took down the Christmas decorations!  I feel sad seeing the tree after Christmas.  I had the decorations up for a month, so taking them down refreshes the area.  The living room looks a lot bigger now!
And I get some family photos taken.  Only took the best part of an hour, not the usual 3 hours!



 One with the kids being daft, the other kind of okay!!

1 comment:

  1. If you are interested in getting different books for your books, you might want to try listing them on Bookmooch. You list the books that you don't want and then people ask you to send the books to you. You get points for that, and then you can ask other people to send books that you want to you. You pay for mailing out, that's it.

    BookOff doesn't make it worth your while unless you really want rid of the books. They offered me 10 yen each on some movie magazines a few years ago...it was insulting really! My movie magazines are from Britain with excellent articles and great pictures. Not anything like US or People! I kept my magazines!

    ReplyDelete