Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Ten Years

 Today is ten years since Hisao passed away.

In someways it's gone fast, in someways slow.

There have been good things that have happened but also a lot of struggles.

All of my kids have finished school.  I'm really happy that I don't have to deal with the schools anymore.  I must admit that Hannah's elementary school was very good with her.  She was only 10 when Hisao died and was having a hard time.  Her classroom teacher allowed her to leave the classroom at any time if she was feeling overwhelmed.  There was a room set up to help students that were struggling.  Hannah could go and sit there, the teacher would make her a drink, talk if Hannah needed to.  

All of my kids have jobs, not the best jobs but they are working.  David tried the army but his health was bad,  he ended up with stress fractures on his knees!  Mikey is still waiting to start his magic career full time, was supposed to be in 2020 but we all know what happened that year.  Christopher is working at the local supermarket, he has changed shifts, working the evenings instead of early morning.  And Hannah is still at university and working part time.

Going to England 5 years ago was great.  Nice to see family, meeting my niece for the first time. Spend time sighseeing.  We have a lot of good memories from that time.

We managed to go to places, local museums, parks, the next city a few times.  As Hannah got older she has become obsessed with musicals, so before the pandemic Hannah and I would go and watch musicals.

I'm sure I've missed out a lot of things!

The struggles were a lot as well.  Trying to rebuild our English school, finding our way with the tax office etc,

My mother in law passed away in 2020. Which means all of the land and house is now in my name and I have no idea what to do with it all.

Also Christopher's dog died the same year.  She was 12 years old.  She was such a lovely dog, very friendly.

Next ten years, who knows?  I know I never expected to live through a pandemic or another war.

I am trying to keep postive and look at the good things I have but sometimes it's hard.

Found some older photos, from when the kids were little.

with Hannah, she was 8

in England

Hannah's first Christmas

with Mikey

viewing the autumn leaves


hug from Christopher

and David

with Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment