Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Rainy Season

It's that time of year!  Japan has a rainy season every year and I really hate it!
It is constant rain for 2 or 3 weeks, throw in a few thunderstorms for fun and the occasional flood and it adds up to stress.  Even when it stops raining the humidity is really high.  Plus it is hot.  Cooking and washing dishes I feel like I'm in a sauna. I remind myself that people pay good money to sit in a sauna so I should be grateful to get it for free!  It makes going out difficult as I sweat a lot and feel uncomfortable around people.  Most years I spend most of summer inside with the air conditioner on. I try go out more in the other seasons but this year we had the lockdown during the time I usually go out.  All I can say is that I am grateful for the internet and streaming TV services, otherwise I would be going mad!

Hannah was getting ready for school the other morning when the little black kitten decided to jump in her school bag!!



She wanted to take him but I don't think the teachers would be to happy!

Had better go and start dinner, yep time for another sauna!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful kitty!
    Funny you said it feels like a sauna. I thought the same yesterday! In my area the humid, hot summer just starts. Unfortunately, I wait for a part for my air conditioning system, so have no cooling until Wednesday. I try to run a fan at night but the moment you stop, it's impossibly hot and sweaty. Stopped cooking any warm dishes- for a few days need to be on a "whatever you can find in a fridge, ready-to-eat" diet. I hope they get the part and fix it because I'm in for about 3 more months of this weather before it starts cooling down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, I feel your pain. I try not to run the air conditioners because I don't want a high electric bill. But it is so hard! Nights are the worst, during the day I can stay busy and be distracted but at night with sweat pouring down my face it is hard to relax! Hope you get your A/C fixed soon!

      Delete
  2. make a small ice pack, wrap it in a scarf or cotten towel and tie it around your neck with the ice pack in the back....under a hat or something to keep it on, on top of your head will also work to cool you down. I saved those gel packs that come in gifts to keep food cool and reuse them over and over again. Cooling under your arm pits is supposed to help immensely too....personally, I can't do that because I am too fat for anything to go around me to hold the ice pack in place.....but working outdoors or in the hot kitchen....ice packs make a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually your comment reminded me- there are special light weight wests that come with little cooling pads placed strategically, or you can cool the whole thing in a fridge before wearing. They are for people with MS, whose symptoms worsen when they get overheated. Maybe it would be worth to get one!

      Delete
    2. Here are some pictures I got when I did the quick search:
      https://www.bing.com/shop?q=cooling+vests+for+ms&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=4A3CE5A5343A42F8903210E997E60147

      Delete