Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Goodbye David

David left to start his career in the Japanese Army on Sunday.  His basic training camp is in the
next prefecture, about an hour on the train.  I managed to keep it together until he left then cried my eyes out! I knew I would be upset but I cried more than I thought I would.  Part of it is that he is the first one to leave.  He seems to be alright.  He called on Monday because he had a fever, 37.5C, so not too high but they decided to isolate him for the evening.  Haven't heard from him since then.
My whole life has changed with David leaving, I have to start cooking again.  I didn't realize how much David did, he cooked, shopped, helped with cleaning and took care of the cats.  Hannah has taken over the cats, she has also baked some cup cakes and made hamburgers for dinner.  Christopher has helped with cleaning and Mikey is now my personal taxi driver!
One good thing is that Hannah can now have her own room.  Yesterday we finished packing up David's stuff, cleaned out the books shelves and desk, today move in Hannah's stuff.






Goodbye party for David

Getting ready to leave



No comments:

Post a Comment