Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Coronavirus Part 2

I am very confused about this coronavirus.
The media hype seems to be rather too much.  Watching Sky News, from the UK,  the other day I was
rather surprised that they knew exactly how many people had this sickness, at that time 4 people, all of them were in hospital.  The news also stated that the staff at a pub had been asked to quarantine themselves because it was believed that a customer that had become sick had been in there. What about other customers?  Also how serious is this illness.  I know people are dying from it but why?  Were they already vulnerable because of previous problems or age, did they get adequate help when they went to the hospital, did they get to the hospital in a timely fashion so that life saving support could be offered.  There are too many questions!  What I want to know is how safe is my family?  We are practicing basic hygiene, washing hands and face and gargling after being in contact with other people.  I use an alcohol spray on my tables after teaching.  Also eating as healthy as possible so that if we do get sick our bodies have the energy to fight it!  I have found this video to be helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YscZRozTN9s   He has a no nonsense approach and helped me to understand more.  He also suggests checking with the CDC or WHO to get the best information!

The past few weeks I have been on a baking binge!  Yesterday I helped Hannah make a chocolate pound cake,  last week she had a go at choco chip cookies!  Both turned out nice!  David made  a lovely sponge as well.


David's cake





And of course some cat photos to finish!






No comments:

Post a Comment