Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Cats...Again

I know I've written about our cats before but they are such a big part of our lives.
A lot of my day is taken up with caring for them.  There are the not nice jobs of cleaning the litter boxes (I can't do it as the smell makes me vomit), then there is cat pee when they just can't be bothered with using the litter box and cat vomit.  Also scratches as cats seem to have a need to hang on with their claws!  They make work out of nothing, even as I began writing this two of the older cats started to fight, so I have spent 5 minutes chasing them, good exercise!  We now have 7 cats and
 Mama is pregnant again.  We saved money to have her fixed but Steve (our white cat) got sick with kidney stones so the money we saved went to pay for his vet bills.  We tried to keep her in but she escaped and we are now looking at her having more kittens!  Bother!
There is also an abundance of cuteness with them!  Just looking at their faces melts my heart, even when I am getting cat pee out of my carpet!  The older cats are fighting a lot, I think they need more exercise so I bought a cat harness to take them for walks!  Not really working!  Put it on Alan  and he acts like he can't walk, just lies down!  Poor thing had such a pitiful face, like we were torturing him!




We only got him to the entrance and he wouldn't move!

One of our kittens doesn't like to held, every time she is picked up she crawls on to your shoulder.



Fluffy on Mikey's  shoulder, completely relaxed!

And feeding time is crazy.  To hear them you would think we starve them!

Hannah trying to feed them!

Life with cats is crazy at times, messy all the time and lovely when they settle for a nap on your lap.  Would I take in Mama cat if I had known how much work cats are?  Probably! 



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete