Pages

Monday, April 22, 2019

Security and Anixety

If you have read any of my past posts you will see that I write about decluttering
my house.  But I never really do it.  I'll get rid of a few things but never 100%.
Yesterday I was looking for something in my walk in closet, which is more like climb in closet
at the moment!  I sat and  looked through all the things in there and wonder why I still
have so much stuff.  Two books shelves full of books that I have read, some two or three
times but they are no longer relevant to my life. Do I need books on homeschooling or
on childcare?  Do I need self help  books that haven't helped me?  So I sat and thought about
why I hold on to things, clothes that are 3 sizes to small, even if I lose weight will I wear them
or are they so  out of fashion as to be no good! One thing I realized is that having these
things near gives me a sense of security but at the same time makes me anxious!  There is
too much stuff to organize and keep tidy. I can never find what I need when I need it.  It
seems to be an endless cycle!  I also realized that the security is a false security, that I
don't need these things to feel safe.  What I need and want is better relationships with my family and friends.  But spending every holiday trying to make the mess look tidy is not going to help me!
So I am doing a big clean out!  Another thing that has helped is my mother in law is going into a care home.  She is in a very bad way and can't take care of herself.  Her house is 2 bedrooms and one room is never used, so I will use that to store things until I can throw them away completely!

Sad news is that two of our new born kittens died today!  They weren't growing and maybe caught Mama's cold.  They were about half the size of their litter mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment