Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Hannah's Birthday

The beginning of the month was Hannah's birthday!  She is now 14 years old!  I am really having a hard time wrapping my head around that!  I always think of Hannah as a little 1st grader, but she is now in junior high school!
She had a great birthday.  We had a little party and watched a DVD.  Nice family time!

Party food

Hannah and her cake

trifle and a strawberry flan made by David

The next day Hannah and I went to see 'Beauty and the Beast' musical.  I was not expecting it to be so good but I was amazed.  The dancing and singing were very good!

We were early so we had Mos Burger and waited for a while


Watched part of the festival

got to watch Japanese Drummers for free!

Outside the theater doors

Next year is 'Little Mermaid'
Great day but rather exhausting!

We are still having a few earthquakes.  Where we are they are not so strong but the people living near the epicenter are getting jolted a lot, up to ten quakes a day.  Today is one month since the start of these quakes and over 1400 have been recorded.  That is a lot of shaking!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday! My son is also a 2002 baby. Sorry about the earthquakes..............:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these birthday party photos. Really admire your work you did for this cute birthday party. Have been searching a local event venue in SF for my son’s birthday but not getting anything within our budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for a long time and love to see the life you have been built for yourself in a lovely country. Challenging certainly but I see your family is loved and flourishes. I have a daughter Maya who turned 14 today and she loved to see Hannah's birthday celebration photos. Maya is interested in all things Japan and is going to take 4 years of Japanese starting in September. I dont know if this is forward of me, but I will ask anyway... would Hannah like an American penpal? Maya would love to connect with someone her age. I dont have a blog but I am on facebook and my email is kirangriffith@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete