Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Hannah's Graduation

Last week Hannah graduated from elementary school!
The ceremony was nice and not overly long.  Hour and half in the gym and thirty minutes in the classroom after. The speeches were short and to the point, no old grandfather waffling on forever this time!
The weather however was awful, rain and wind.  Mikey drove David and I up to the school gate but we had to walk from the gate to the gym. Not far but the back of my dress got soaked and I had to sit in it for the whole morning, rather yuk!  David took photos for me! With my eye still bad I never know if the camera is out of focus or its just my eye!  He got some nice shots until the battery died!

Hannah dressed up for graduation


Hannah waiting, her friend yawning


Receiving her diploma

With her teacher and friend, at the end the sun came out


We have to finish sorting out her elementary school stuff, pack away all the things she doesn't need any more and make space for the junior high school stuff.

Hannah's hat and bookbag have now retired.

For me it is going to strange not dealing with elementary school anymore.  I've had a child in elementary school for the past 17 years.  Really the end of an era.  I feel old! While Hannah was still an elementary school student I felt younger!  Now I have one kid in junior high school, one in high school, one at university and one working.  Not a young mother at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment