Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Long Overdue Update

Been really busy and just a bit out of things lately!
The first Sunday of the month was Hannah's field day.  It is a long day and for me rather boring. Hannah's school is large so each child only does 4 or 5 events.  each event is only a few minutes long, so watch Hannah run, sit around for an hour or so, watch Hannah do the team cheers, sit around for a few more hours and so on until about 3:30 or so.  I was up at 5am to make obento so a rather exhausted day for me.  But Hannah had a good time.  A few photo's from that day.



The local football mascot came to cheer the kids on



Hannah carrying one of her friends in the gymnastics display



In other news Mikey passed his driving test and we got a car.  I am so happy.  I can finally shop. Mikey has problems with parking and of course he is still nervous.  That makes me nervous riding with him.  I hope that with time and practice he gets better.



Our new car, 2nd hand but new to us

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Congratulations Mikey! It looks like a great car and I am sure it will do you a great service. Mikey certainly looks like a natural (I can just imagine you sitting next to him shrieking! ... But I hope he hasn't inherited your parking gene ... remember when you took your test in Mississippi???). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are doing the "Sally Parking", parking as far away from other cars as possible. I don't shriek too much, I just press my foot into floor as if I have a brake! But he is doing fine, so far!

      Delete