Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas

I got through Christmas.  I am not sure how but managed
The kids liked their presents.  I cooked the turkey and did the trimmings.  A good friend came and helped make the table seem less empty.
It wasn't the usual Christmas we have.  There is usually some disaster that ends up having everybody crying with laughter.  Hubby always said that the Japanese don't do Christmas but he loved it.  He spent ages looking for the perfect gifts for the kids and was willing to go out of his way to do things for them.  This year we bought an electronic darts set for David.  The boys took it upstairs and set it up.  I could hear them laughing.  I realised that this game was probably as much for hubby as for the kids, that's the kind of thing he would of loved.
I am still in shock and have spent far too much time the past couple of weeks sorting out all the official stuff, then I had flu, still down with that but need to tidy up and take down the Christmas tree.
I will write again.

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave to have done Christmas.What a wonderful way to remember your husband,and for your children to be able to start to move gently forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.
      It is tough but we will get better, at least that is what I am told!

      Delete