Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Halloween at Hannah's school

I was invited to Hannah's club to do a Halloween lesson.  the club is "The International Club", which is really the English Club.  Kids here get a little bit of English in the 5th and 6th grade but nothing before unless they have private lessons. The club is from the 4th grade and only meets once a month.  So I was expecting no English at all from the girls (all girls this year) but I was pleasantly surprised that they could answer basic questions like "What's your name?"  and "What grade are you in?"   I dragged Mikey along, I had to walk to the school carrying cookies and materials.  Mikey then took over and did all the teaching!  Aren't I clever?  He is such a good teacher and had the girls laughing and trying new words!   At the end we had them line up and say "Trick or Treat" to get the cookies.  Hannah was very happy that we came and the teacher asked me to go again for Christmas.  That should be fun.

Mikey teaching Halloween words

Girls having a good laugh
The rest of this week has been kind of busy, basically preparing for Halloween parties next week. I want to buy some food coloring, not the Japanese stuff that I have a hard time with but American stuff.  I have seen it in a shop somewhere, but this shop is in a mall and I have no idea where. So Thursday was spent driving to different malls trying to find this shop, I'll have to go again on Sunday.

I did manage to buy some color hairspray for Mikey, gold and red.  Been trying it out.  Fun.



And this is what happens when I leave the camera out.




Hannah's other school

No comments:

Post a Comment