Recipes

Thursday, September 17, 2026

I Tried

 The garden is like a jungle. 

Before the intense heat of summer, we tried to cut back and cut down the trees, bushes and weeds as much as possible. 

Over the summer, it's been impossible to do any work outside, except pulling a few weeds every now and again and, of course, picking the blueberries.

I noticed the other day that the front of the yard, which goes onto the road, was getting dangerously overgrown. Some of the bushes were too far out into the road, and one tree was brushing the overhead electrical wires.

Time for action.

I tried, I really did. David helped. He has a small chainsaw, which I can't use; it scares me!

I took a couple of videos. I was hoping for a before and after comparrsions videos, but they are more like before and a tiny bit of progress videos!

Before.


 I really wanted to cut down the dead hydrangeas. Also, I don't know if you can see, but weeds are growing through the low wall. I need to be more careful taking videos; I almost got hit by a car!

A little progress.


I managed to cut the hydrangeas down, which helps that corner. David cut down some of the tree that was very close to the overhead wires.

I hope to pull some of the weeds tomorrow, before the rain starts!

One problem is that my body is not that good at the moment. Just doing a bit of work this morning left me shaking and in pain. The shears I was using are a bit heavy, plus I have a slipped disc in my neck, which is pinching the nerves and causing pain. I'm glad that I could do a bit; I hope that by keeping this up, it will eventually get cleaned up and maybe help me get a bit stronger!


No comments:

Post a Comment