Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Spring

 I'm amazed at how quickly things change. Last week was dull, cloudy and rather cold. No flowers out, the ground was bare, no color anywhere.  The past couple of days things have bloomed,  cherry blossoms are out, 10 days earlier than last year.  There is a calendar that shows the best time to see the cherry blossoms in each area of Japan. Traditionally people would have picnic under the cherry blossoms, in the famous parks and riversides people put down picnic sheets to reserve a spot.  But because of covid 19 these picnics have been banned again.  I don't really enjoy the picnics, it is still rather chilly, especially when the wind picks up.  Also seems to be an excuse for people to get drunk.  

A few photos 




Today I made a massive bowl of pasta salad.  Nice for a change!


As much as I'm enjoying spring I'm also suffering from hay fever.  This year seems to be really bad.  I'm drugged up with meds, they make me sleepy and give me headaches.  

1 comment:

  1. I picnicked under the cherry blossoms in 1976. We don't have clear seasons in Brazil. Everything merges. It would be nice to enjoy the spring again. But not the hay fever. Mine disappeared when I moved here

    ReplyDelete