Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Summer Holidays

My summer holiday is almost over.  Didn't do much, just relaxed at home, far too hot to go out too much!  But did manage a couple of outings.
David, Hannah and I drove to a museum, took 3 hours to get there!  We drove through the
mountains, nice to see the green fields and lovely cool rivers.



Tori Gate
The museum was about life in the Showa Era,  1926 to 1989.   It had displays of every day items that were used at that time, including a house and school room.  Unfortunately part of the area was the old shops but it was too hot to walk around for long!  It was an interesting place and I enjoyed seeing things that were similar to what I remember growing up, cassette recorders and record players!




Show Era classroom


It was a nice day out but very tiring!
Last week Hannah and I went to see Les Miserable, again.  The show was very good!  I really enjoyed it, even though it was in Japanese!  Getting there and back was exhausting, we had to use the trains. I really don't know how people can do that every day!


Posters


Cakes and a drink before heading home!


I am going to make a cake now, today is David's birthday!  Plus Mama cat had kittens last night!



No comments:

Post a Comment