Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Here We Go Again

Every year while it is still cool I tell myself that I will do better in the summer.
I determine not to be defeated by the weather.  That I will keep to my schedule and not
end up in bed, being miserable.  I dream of going out, of visiting places and seeing things,
especially during the holidays.  I tell myself that a positive attitude will help because
complaining is not going to change the heat and humidity.
Most years I can get through the first few weeks then end up getting sick.
This year I didn't make it through the first week of the intense heat!
Yesterday, according to a weather app that I have it was 30C but real feel was
up to 36C.  I decided that it would be best to use the air conditioner while I was teaching.
But I couldn't find the remote. Mikey and I searched for half an hour but no luck.
I taught for 2 hours, with a big fan on but it didn't help that much.
In the evening I couldn't cool down, got an awful headache and felt sick.  When I checked
my temperature it was 38.5C, I had heat stroke.  I couldn't believe it, the first week!
So I realized that a positive attitude is not going to change my body and it's reaction
to the heat.  But being positive is so much better at dealing with the heat.  Moaning is
a waste of time.  So now I am trying to find the humor in my situation and how to manage
the rest of the summer.

Our animals seem alright in the heat.  The cats don't like to be held, which is understandable.
They roam around the house looking for a cool spot, then they don't move until it's time to
eat, sensible creatures.  Our dog, Lucky has found a cool spot in the yard.  She is getting old now
and doesn't have the energy she use to.  I make sure she has plenty of cool, clean water.




As always cat photos.  We had a long box that the cats loved running in and out of!

No comments:

Post a Comment