Pages

Monday, November 19, 2018

November

I love this time of year in Japan.  The weather has cooled down a lot, days can still be warm but the
nights are nice and cool, makes sleeping a lot easier!  Also my seasonal allergies have
calmed down a lot, which helps!  So having a bit of energy I have been trying to clean up and
get rid of things.
Last week the living room got a good clean because Hannah lost her glasses. She needs them for distance so doesn't wear them at home, unless watching TV.  She always puts them on the
book shelf near the door.  So last Wednesday she followed her usual routine, put her glasses
on the books shelf, had a shower, did homework, had dinner,  played on her phone and went
to bed. The next morning she went to get her glasses on the way out and they weren't there.
We had a quick look but couldn't find them.  So while she was out we took the living to pieces, moved the book shelf and sofa, moved the kotasu table out.  Looked through the draws, even in
the fridge!  No glasses!  After 3 days of searching I gave up, she needed new glasses, but I
was hoping to wait until next spring!  I really don't know how she managed that, glasses are
rather big.
The other thing I have been doing is letting go of more books!  I gave some away to people
on an online group. Have more to do.  But I am slowly making room for things that are
important in my life. Not this clutter!  One thing I keep putting off is going to my Mil's place
to sort out the stuff there!  It needs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment