Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Really Not Happy

The city I live in offers cheap health checks for people over 50.  Basic checkup, heart,
blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and liver function.  A couple of weeks ago I started to
have a burning, tingling feeling on the bottom of my left foot.  Checked Google and the only
thing that came up was nerve damage because of diabetes!  Turns out that the burning had nothing to do with diabetes, one of the kittens had peed in my shoe and even though I had washed it out I was
having an allergic reaction to the cat pee!  Anyway I decided to go and get the health check.
I got the results yesterday!  Blood pressure normal, good, liver function fine!  But my cholesterol
is a bit high!  The big shock was the number for diabetes. The doctor explained that over 6
means diabetes, my number was 5.7!  So I have to lose weight!  I know it's my own
fault, I've been comfort eating since having the operation and now it has caught up to me!
Somehow I can find determination because it is my health that is at risk, just for vanity I
can't find the same determination!  The doctor recommended that I lose 10kg!  That feels like
a lot! But it's a goal and I am giving myself plenty of time to do it.  I'll get the papers
for next years check up in April, so until then I will lose 10kg!
Wish me luck.
If anybody has interesting recipes I would be happy to see them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that's the dreaded word for women! But you have a whole year. Just make small changes and now that the weather has cooled , go for walks. I've been trying to start back to good eating habits. Winter is coming and I love all the comfort foods. Don't get discouraged. As the British say: Keep Calm and Diet On!
    Wishing you the best.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jennifer can´t Find a way to change the name. no carbohydrates works wonders you can have a blow out on the weekend and be good during the week

    ReplyDelete