Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2017

I Did It!!!

Nothing really big.  Not a life changing thing for most people!
I finally bought a sofa!
Two years of thinking about it, 6 months of searching for the right one!  I found one that is about 95% perfect.  I went to so many shops, looking, measuring, imagining but I couldn't find one that made my heart really sing!  The one that I loved was too big for my room, perfect colour, perfect material but it would of jammed the door!  One big problem is the back of the sofas seem very low in Japan. Only up to the bottom of my shoulder blades on most models. I am not very tall so they are very low. I wanted something that I can lean back on!  So my new sofa arrives tomorrow!  Good!
But my old sofa is going and that makes me sad.  Twenty years I have had that sofa, 4 different houses it has sat in!  I've laughed, cried, nursed babies, had serious talks with the kids and watched hours of TV and DVDs on that sofa!  My kids have lain on it when they were sick but wanted to be near me. My husband died leaning on it.  I've received good and bad news sitting there, I watched the Twin Towers in New York come down and the opening of Olympic Games.  I know it is just a piece of furniture but it has so many memories tied up with it!  I am wandering what the new sofa will witness as a part of this household!  More memories to be made

No comments:

Post a Comment