Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2017

I'm Back

Haven't been anywhere but I am back to blogging. The past few months I have been without a reliable computer.  I gave up trying to post.  A few times I would be half way through a post when my computer would crash taking with it my writing!  I now have a lovely new computer and no excuses for not writing.  Thanks to all the people who sent me comments asking me to continue to write. It's nice to know that somebody is reading!

The past few months have been busy!
David got a temporary job for about a month,  doing land surveying in Kumamoto (yes the place where the earthquakes happened).  Between earthquakes and typhoons a lot of land was destroyed and boundaries between land were lost.  David spent almost three weeks there, staying at a small ryokan (typical Japanese Inn). The work wasn't too hard, but long hours!  He came back for a week, then left again for Kumamoto to go a driving school. He passed his drivers test on the first try!  But until we change the insurance he can't drive!  He is itching to drive.  And to tell the truth once he can drive it will be so much better for me. David doesn't mind shopping!

December was four years since my husband died. This past memorial was hard for me!  Part of it was seeing how much my kids had done in the past four years and how much hubby had missed out on!

Christmas was okay.  I got sick with a really heavy head cold.  I ended up going to the doctors because I couldn't stop coughing!  New Years was much better and I could really enjoy myself.  didn't do much but nice food, few good DVDs and fun with the kids was what I needed to kick of the new year!

The big news is that I am going to England the end of this month!  It's been 13 years since I've been back.  Far too long!  I am going with Christopher and Hannah.  Mikey and David will go a month later. I am really looking forward to this trip.  Just a chance to get out of Japan for a few days will help!  Also a chance to see my family.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for going to England. Hurray for being back and new computers too.

    I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete