Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Last Week of Teaching

So all the Christmas Parties are finished.  We have a few extra lessons to do but we are finished for this year and I am so happy!  I love teaching and Mikey gets better at it all the time but it can be very draining, especially teaching kids.
The last week we did parties for the kids, played some games and Mikey did a little magic show for them, we had a lot of laughs and I think everybody had a good end of year time!  For me it was exhausting, I did the usual cookie bake, made over 200 this year, not as many as last year but still a lot.  My oven is small so it takes forever to bake the cookies, the mixing is easy and quick, it really is the baking that takes the time!
Saturday was the hardest day for me.  Mikey was invited to do 3 magic shows, in 3 different cities!  So I was left to teach 8 lessons, I haven't done that many lessons in one day for years!  I got through it okay but was totally wiped out at the end!  Mikey came back exhausted as well.  He had a good time.  I am still getting details but the one place he went to had over 300 people!  He also went to an old peoples home, he likes that and always has fun with the elderly.  He can be very charming and warm, the young kids and old people really love him!   I remember when Mikey was a baby I had dreams of him becoming a doctor or lawyer, somebody with a fancy title.  Doing magic was not on the radar but he is so happy when he performs and he makes others happy!  I think this is better than any fancy title.  He doesn't get paid for his shows, just transportation fee and some gift, but he gives his whole heart to the show!

In some classes the kids won pretend money for using English or doing well on their prints, they used the money to get a small present.

Mikey doing magic.

Some kids really got into the party!!

David helped to cook when I was busy, this is fried rice, made from scratch.
So now I have to finish shopping, tidy up the living room and get ready for our Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment