Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Days Out

The kids and I managed to get out for a couple of day trips.  Nothing really special but I think everybody had a good time.
On Monday we took the train into Fukuoka, I wanted to go up Fukuoka Tower.  We have been to the tower a few times but never up it.
Monday Christopher had school in the morning, so after a quick lunch we took off.   Train then bus to the tower.
The bus went over the urban express way.  I really don't like this high way, it feels more like a roller coaster than a bus ride. But the view was good!

Communications tower for the port



I have no idea what these are!!!
The bus stop is right in front of Fukuoka Tower.  We crossed the road and saw some more interesting statues.  Indian Gods and Goddesses!  In Japan!

Fukuoka Tower


Indian Gods

The name of this road is Sazaen Road. It's named after a famous cartoon character
We went up the tower.  It takes 70 seconds to get to the top. It was a lot higher than I thought it would be.  I'm scared of hights but the veiws from the top were incredibile!

Looking up in the lift


England is that way




On the way back we stopped in the lobby of one of the TV stations.  They had Subway so we got a sandwich each, that was nice.

Hannah with Sazaen characters

On the way back we found this sign on the train!

Nice day out but I paid for it the next day.  Talk about tired!

Today we went bowling.  There's a nice bowling alley in the next city, not too noisy and reasonable price.  The kids boweled two games.  Christopher managed to drop the ball backwards, fall on his backside and hit his face with the ball.  Mikey somehow hit his leg with the ball and fell over himself.  I at least had a good laugh!








After bowling we went to an all you can eat resturant.  We spent an hour and half eating, talking and laughing.



We came home after a stop to rent some DVD's.  I'm exhausted but happy.  I'm not sure if we will go out anywhere else this summer but I'm glad we could have a couple of fun days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment