Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

A little outing and a lot of cleaning

The kids and I went to Fukuoka on Monday! Nice day but very tiring.  Just so many people, plus we got turned around and spent ages walking in the wrong direction.  Had lunch at Moss Burgers, we don't go there very often so it was nice change.  Plus we got to watch the taxis.


It was interesting watching what kind of people took a taxi.  Also we had an interesting discussion about the lady in the red coat. Her job is to help people into the taxis,  not the best of jobs, in my opinion!

Did a bit of shopping.  The main reason I wanted to go was to check out the bookstore.  They have a good selection of books for teaching English.  I know I can order on line but I like to hold the books, get a feel for them.  Anyway we bought a few things.  I also bought Hannah some face painting crayons.  She is really into Cats the Musical and wants to try out the make up. 

Mikey had a go drawing on Hannah and Christopher


Interesting results

Other than that day out we have been busy cleaning and cleaning.
Mikey took his bed to pieces today and found where  ALL of his socks had gone to.  I got so mad because for the past couple of weeks all I've heard from Mikey was "Where are my socks?", everyday!!  They were all at the bottom of his bed.  When I saw them I yelled at Mikey, so he grabbed the socks and shoved them down the back of my T-shirt.  Not nice!  Anyway he managed to vacuum under the bed and sort out a load of stuff!!  I've gone through all my clothes and thrown away all the things that I don't wear or can't wear.  I had stuff in my draws that I bought last time I went to England, 11 years ago.  I am no longer that size or person!!  I am enjoying this process of letting go.  I have my photos and journals, the letters and notes from hubby, a few of his things, (like his glasses and watch) the PJs he wore, other than that I am letting go.  It's hard but the feeedom of not being burdened by stuff is liberating.  That is what I am enjoying!!

Christopher and Hannah have a few more days holiday and then back to school.  I hope to have some time to do something with them before the business of a new school year starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment